Get lost on West Point Lake, Lake Harding, Lake Martin, and surrounding areas through the outdoor photography of David Thrift, bringing you a look at the people, nature, and wildlife on the backwaters of Alabama and Georgia.
Happy Boy Magazine is the upcoming premiere photo magazine by myself, David Thrift, a photographer from, and residing in Alabama. I have an extensive catalog of photos taken since 2014 which continues to grow and I want to share my visions captured with my camera at my favorite outdoor locations through my website and magazine.
HAPPY BOY MAGAZINE IS COMING SOON
What my magazine is about: My sole purpose for this self published magazine project is to provide a look book, or coffee table book style photo magazine featuring my photography of traffic, nature, and the lakes around my home town in Alabama, and Georgia. I want it to most especially be a treasure of photos for people who aren’t able to get out and enjoy nature and getting around as much as I do from day to day, and to bring a taste of the south U.S. landscape around the lakes I love to nature lovers.
Please follow this website to stay up to date on my magazine project progress. I have a ton of editing to do, and it may be awhile before this website really starts filling out, but I will be sharing sneak peek photos from time to time until I have the first issue of my magazine put together, and I invite you to browse the photo galleries I’ve posted. Thanks for visiting. Come back soon.
Photo Of The Month – July 2017
I apologize that I have not kept up with my photo of the month for the past two months, but here is a post to catch up on that. So here is my photo of the month for July 2017. This is a shot of some driftwood resting in shallow water at Goat Rock Dam, on Lake Harding, in Alabama. I took this photo on August 1st, 2017.
Free Photo Galleries
These are some free photo galleries I have for you to view online. These are to give you an idea of the kinds of photography I’m into and like to include in my magazines. Complimentary content that goes along with my photo of the month, and posts on instagram. I will try to post at least one gallery each month of varying subjects (clouds, nature, people, and the lakes I photograph), but there may be more depending on my schedule. The newest gallery will be listed last.
- Gallery #1 – Back Yard Cloud Gazing On Thursday, April 6th, 2017 [link]
- Gallery #2 – Long Cane Park On West Point Lake On Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 [link]
- Gallery #3 – Thistles In My Front Yard On Friday, April 7th, 2017 [link]
- Gallery #4 – Lake Harding On Friday, April 14th, 2017 [link]
- Gallery #5 – Lake Harding On Sunday, April 16th, 2017 [link]
- Gallery #6 – Back Yard Cloud Gazing On Monday, April 17th, 2017 [link]
- Gallery #7 – Sunrise At Tiger Town In Opelika, AL On Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 [link]
- Gallery #8 – Drive To Store For Groceries In Beulah, AL on Saturday, May 13th, 2017 [link]
- Gallery #9 – Drive Home On Monday Morning, May 15th, 2017 on I-85 [link]
Do you love beautiful sunset’s? Who doesn’t right? Well, this is just one section that will appear in each issue of my Happy Boy Magazine (possibly – it’s in consideration depending on available space and magazine size). More info about this part of my project coming soon.